If you are barbecuing some steaks at a party in your backyard or with the intention of selling them in you barbeque restaurant, it is important to understand the dynamics that come with getting the best results; juicy, tasty and well grilled steaks. Apart from following the simple barbeque recipes, it equally important to select the best type of grilling equipment to see you through the task.
Both are easily available and you can find them easily. There are two types of grill; electric and charcoal. In addition, after dipping the steaks in a mixture of butter and oil, you may need to add generous layers of herbs, pepper and salt to give the steaks some extra flavor.
How to Prepare and Grill the Perfect Steak
We all want soft meat that gives no difficulty in chewing or swallowing. Tenderizing the meat for a few hours is also among the quickest ways of softening tough tissues in the steak. Another effective way of making the steaks tastier is by brushing syrup coatings of honey or molasses mixed with some lemon syrup on the steaks in the final minutes of grilling. Invest in a number of grilling accessories, like grilling baskets and cutting boards to hold much of the food to be grilled; vegetables, corn and fruits.
Below are some recipes on how to grill perfect steaks on any occasion.
Easy Marinated Flank Steak
- Two pounds of Beef steak.
- 2 tablespoons of Ketchup.
- 1 Chopped onion.
- 1 Tablespoon of cooking oil.
- 1 Teaspoon of brown sugar.
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 1Garlic, minced.
- ¼ Teaspoon of Black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
- Get a large glass bowl and mix these ingredients; Ketchup, cooking oil, chopped onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt.
- Add beef, turn it till it coats and seal bowl using the kitchen aluminum foil. Make sure you refrigerate overnight.
- Remove beef and discard marinade. Moisten the paper towel with some cooking oil rub on grease the grill lightly.
- Using a pair of long-handled tongs, grill the beef over medium heat, takes 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Continue turning the meat until it reaches desired doneness.
- Let its rest for few minutes, letting the juices redistribute in the steak.
- To serve, thinly slice across the grain.
Barbecued Beef Steak with Potato and Red Onion
• 3 Oregano leaves.
• 2 Garlics, crushed.
• ½ cups, White vinegar.
• 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
• 800 grams of fat free beef steak.
• 1 or 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced.
• A large red onion, thickly sliced.
• ¼ tablespoon of black pepper.
• Salt to taste.
• Lemon wedges, to serve.
• Prepare the marinade by mixing; Oregano leaves, vinegar, cooking oil and garlic in a large glass bowl.
• Add the fat free steak, turning it till it coats. Seal the bowl using aluminum foil and chill for one hour. Set aside remaining marinade.
• Meanwhile, dip thinly sliced potato in boiling, salted water close to 5 minutes. They must be firm inside. Drain and rinse with cold water. Marinade potatoes and sliced onions till a gently coated. Seal and set aside for some minutes.
• Barbecue meat, potatoes and onions over medium heat. Beef should take 6-7 minutes each side until medium-rare. Ensure potatoes and onions are turned until lightly charred all over.
• Remove from the heat, setting aside, close to 5 minutes, then slice.
• Divide beef slices, potato and onion among serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Walzog’s Perfect Steak Grill
• 4 strip steaks. 1 ½ inches thick, about 14 to 16 ounces each
• 2 sticks unsalted butter.
• ½ a cup of corn oil.
• 8 teaspoons kosher salt.
• 8 teaspoons black pepper.
• Melt butter over medium-high heat. Set aside to cool.
• Remove the steaks from the refrigerator. Seal loosely with aluminum foil, to allow them come to room temperature.
• Shape the steaks by gently pushing the sides to the center, creating height.
• Mix oil and butter in a large serving plate. Put the steaks into the mixture ensuring the meat coasts each side. Lift the steaks allowing excess oil to drip off.
• Coat each side of the steaks with some salt black pepper. Ensure it’s not much in order to avoid having crusty steaks. Set the steaks on the hottest grill. Avoid flares by moving the steaks to outer edge. Bring them to the center the flames die down.
• Gently pick up steaks up with tongs. Avoid sliding them across the grill.
• Cook each side twice, 3 minutes at a time, ensuring they are adequately charred.
• Remove from hot grill and let the steaks stand, 5 minutes on a clean plate.
Herbed London Broil
•1/2 pound beef flank steak.
•1/4 a cup of onion, chopped.
•1/4 cup of lemon juice.
• 1 Garlic, minced
• ¼ teaspoon each celery seed, salt, dried thyme and oregano.
• ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed.
• A dash of pepper.
• In a large glass bowl, mix the following ingredients; onion, lemon juice, oil, garlic cloves and seasonings.
• Add steak to the mixture, turning till it coats. Seal using an aluminum foil and refrigerate several hours.
• Remove the meat and discard the marinade.
• Grill meat over medium heat, 6-8 minutes, ensuring each side is slightly charred. Alternatively, let the meat grill until it reaches desired doneness.
• Slice thinly across the grain.
Buying a Grill; Gas vs Charcoal
Choosing Gas grills are more reliable compared to charcoal grills because, they are cheaper and the fuel efficient unlike when using briquettes on small grates. In addition, gas grills can be controlled easily, regulating the amount of heat emitted unlike when grilling using briquettes where one wastes lots of energy to the surrounding. Gas can cook slowly, ensuring that foot is cooked bringing the factor of economy to average families and small grill users.
Grilling meat in any occasion means that you got to have the best recipe at your fingertips to ensure that you make great and tasty barbecues for friends and family. With the combination of beef and right ingredients, you will be sure of having an easy time on the grill and impress your friends with your mastery in barbecuing. To add to this, have the best gas grill for the task ahead and try out any of the above simple recipes.