Until recently I had a love/hate relationship with snow. I loved watching the snow fall, but I hated having to trek outside (in the cold!) to clean it up. For me, snow meant lots of shoveling and lots of backaches. Hours and hours of moving, heavy, wet snow to clear a path in front of my house and make my steps clean and safe.
Thankfully, I’ve discovered a better way to clean up all that snow, which is why I’m writing this Toro 38371 15-Inch 12 Amp Electric 1500 Power Curve Snow Blower Review. I’ll show you why the Toro 38371 is a must-have for every homeowner and how it will make cleaning snow not just easy, but fun. Don’t believe me? Read ahead and see for yourself.
There are a million snowblowers on the market, but none come close to Toro’s 38381 machine. Crafted from the best materials and packed with convenient, reliable features this snowblower makes cleaning snow from your home a breeze. To show you why lets take a look at it’s key features and benefits:
- Lightweight Design: The Toro 518 weighs less than 25 pounds, which means it can be used by anyone. Women, men, the elderly or teens: no matter your age or size it is easy to maneuver and handle. It also has an ergonomic handle, so it is comfortable to push around for as long as you need and gives you a solid grip in the cold.
- Electric Motor: The 15 Amp electric motor not only helps it to weigh less, it also gives it tremendous power. This motor allows it to move over 700 pounds of snow per minute, so even if you have acres of land you will be done in no time. Also, since it’s electric there is no overpowering gas smell and no need to worry about having gas around if you have small kids.
- Efficient Clearance & Clean Paths: In addition to moving large amounts of snow at one time, it also has Power Curve technology to eliminate clogging and adjustable shoots to direct where the snow goes. Power Curve technology also allows you to remove both wet and dry snow with the same ease.The Toro 38371 can clear a path 15″ wide and 12″ deep through even the highest snow and create a clear path that shows the ground. This is a big plus for people who live in areas with lots of snowfall.
- 6″ wheels:The large 6″ wheels means it can be used on any area of your home that has snow: decks, garages, walkways, yard or anywhere else. These wheels will keep traction and allow you to move through the snow without hesitation
- Great Pricing: At just under $250 this machine is already a great investment, but now that this snow blower is on sale it’s even better.
The Pros & Cons of Owning A Toro Snowblower
While the 38381 has a lot of great features, it’s important to understand all the pros and cons associated with it as well before buying one. Let me explain both the good and the bad comes with owning a Toro.
- Removes snow quick: Since it can gather and throw over 500 pounds a minute, clearing paths and yards can be done in practically no time. Plus, the chutes are designed to curve, so no clogging whether it’s wet or dry snow, which speeds up the process even more. That means less time cleaning snow and more time enjoying it (from inside, with a glass of hot cocoa).
- Creates clean paths and walkways: The Toro 38371 pulls snow from the ground up, so it makes a clean, snow-free path wherever it goes. No shoveling that stubborn bottom layer or having to go back over the same areas multiple times.
- Great for Everyone and it’s only under $200:This snowblower is so light (25 pounds) and easy to handle that anyone can use it on any size property. Country or city it works just the same and produces the same results every time.
- Cord restrictions: The one negative with this machine, if you can call it that, is that you can be limited because of the cord. Since it’s electric it has to be plugged in, which can infringe on where you go. However, all you have to do is buy an extension cord and it can literally go anywhere: problem solved!
The Toro 38381 versus the Toro 38371
When looking at what the Toro 38381 has to offer, it helps to compare it to its biggest competition: the Toto 38371. While both of these machines are similar, they do differ in some key areas.
Both are electric and have Power Curve technology. They also are both lightweight and easy to use. However, they differ in motor power, the amount of snow they move and path sizes. Let’s look:
- Motor: The 38371 has a less powerful motor at just 12 amps, while the 38381 has 15 amps. This means the 38381 can throw snow farther, faster.
- Snow Removal: The 38371 moves only 500 pounds of snow per minute, compared to the 38381, which moves 700 pounds. This translates to snow removal that is faster and simper.
- Paths: The 38381 clears 18″ wide and 12″ deep, for a roomier pathway; while the 38371 can clear a path 15″ wide and 12″ deep.
Now, the 38371 is about $50 cheaper and more portable, but those savings don’t make up for it’s being less efficient, which is why the 38381 is the better choice.
Now, I’m not the only one raving about the Toro snowblower. Consumers everywhere are marveling at how good it is and how well it performs. Everyone who has used it gave it 5 stars, with many pointing out how “powerful and durable” it is despite it’s light frame. Consumers remarked that it “creates nice, clear paths on wet or dry snow with ease” and made snow removal “quicker than ever”.
Q & A
Here are some questions that are most commonly asked about this machine:
1. Can it remove heavy, wet snow quick and easy?
Yes. The Toro 38371 can suck up and throw wet snow just as fast as dry, packed snow. The Power Curve technology and adjustable chutes make the job easy and clog free.
2. Is it easy for everyone to use?
“Yes, thanks to the lightweight design anyone, even the elderly, can move it without fear of injury.”
3. Is it worth the price?
Absolutely. This machine will last for years to come, making it a smart investment that pays for itself.
As you can see from my Toro 38371 Electric 1500 Power Curve Snow Blower Review, this machine is a homeowners dream. It takes clearing snow from a job you dread to one you can enjoy because it is so quick and painless. It lets you keep your home and property clear and safe from icy snow without struggling or straining. Snow is a beautiful and wondrous phenomenon, one can you can fall in love with all over again thanks to the Toro 38371.